Image and video hosting by TinyPic


We all live our life wondering, "If I would have done something different, then how would my life be now", and I am one of those people. Well, I used to be. I used to live my life knowing that my life would have been better, if I would have made a better decision on something, and I used to sit around the house crying because I know that if I had made those better choices my life would have been so much easier. Growing up with my mom in an abusive relationship, which resulted in me being in a foster home, my life was nothing but difficult. It consisted of moving from families to families, and never being able to form the relationships with friends, lovers, or parents that most other teenagers had. I was not your average teenager, I was far from it, and I always knew that. When I ended up in that foster home, I knew that I could have prevented this. One decision that I made, has now effected my whole entire life. I am no longer the person that I used to be. It took me a few years to finally realize though, that I am thankful for the person that I have now become. I am independent, smart, charming, and an all around good guy. My past mistakes have led me down the road to success, and for that I am thankful. I used to wish that I could change some of the things that I have done, or been done to me, but I have finally come to terms that it is not something that I would like to change.I am proud of the person that I have become. Changes are not something that happens everyday, and you don't have that rewind option, but the things that people need to look forward too are the fact that they are going to become a better person in the end. I usually don't bring god into these kinda posts, but I am now a firm believer that I am in the situation that I am in for a reason.
When I was given the chance to turn my life around and change the way that it has become, I would honestly refuse the chance. I love the people that I have met along the way, and I learned many life lessons. I no longer allow people to push me around, and I finally have a own voice. I am free from my own prison, and I can now capture my dreams. I don't have to let my own past weight me down, I can always turn over a leaf, and begin a new chapter.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Don't let your own past, prevent you from having the future that you desire. Yes, it is an obstacle, but those can always be fixed. Don't regret anything that you have done, and always think of the past as something you can learn from. Don't beat yourself up from all the things you "wish" you have never done, instead just learn from them.

1 comments:

JCal456 said...

Such an amazing post, you really are someone who inspires me.
Hopefully I can get to this point some day soon

Post a Comment