Image and video hosting by TinyPic
People who wear their heart on their sleeve express their emotions freely and openly, for all to see
Are you that person? Do you wear your heart on your sleeve, or are you one of those people that are constantly hiding feelings? Well I personally think that I am one of those people that wear their " Heart on their sleeve" and I don't see anything wrong with that. Now, you may be wondering why I chose to use that as the title for my blog, and I would be more then happy to explain it. Love for me, has been one of the hardest things in my life, whether its loving someone, or letting them love me, its just always been one of the difficult things in my life. I have let my heart hang from my chest before, and it has been grabbed by the wrong people. I am the type of person that will let you know how I feel, and I am not afraid to get hurt. Yes getting hurt, or rejected can be painful, but it is one of those parts of life that happen. You cant stop pain from occurring, but you can easily help prevent it. Wearing your heart on your sleeve has been a popular saying since it was said from "William Shakespeare", and since then it has become one of the most popular sayings of all time. Now, I am not a fan of old english literature, but this immediately caught my eye, and since then it has basically been my motto. I have since lived my life "With My Heart On My Sleeve", and so far it has been working. I have met the occasional bad guys or girls, and I have met some of the most amazing. Its just chances that have been taken. I'm not sure if I am making sense, but to me it does. Breakups, makeups, rejection, and acceptance are just some of the few things that come with love, but the only way that it will happen is if you allow it. Its not something that you should be afraid of, its just somethings that you need to accept, Its the way of life. With rejection, soon will come acceptance. I often show my love, and my feelings freely, and I have never been afraid of what people will think of it. Frankly, I dont even to much care. What happens, happens. When I was 15 years old I met this guy, and yes I thought he was everything, but it turns out I was completely wrong. I opened up to him, in more ways then one, but of course he was looking for something else. I allowed myself to be used physically, and mentally by him, and that was something that I usually didnt do. What made it weird for this relationship was that, this time I didnt "Wear My Heart On My Sleeve", and because of that I was used for all the wrong reasons. I usually always showed exactly how I felt, but this time I didn't. That was the biggest mistake that I ever have done, and I continued to do it for the next three years. I was with this guy for three years, but when I was sixteen things changed. I broke my knee from playing baseball, and out of all the people that I thought would have been there for me, he wasn't. Instead, he was the only one to make fun of me because I couldn't walk for about a year, and at that time I began to gain weight. That made him very angry. He began to hit me every now and then, and sooner or later it began to be a daily thing. He would push me to the floor with my crutches, and just laugh. I delt with this for a year and a half, and by the time I was 17 I decided that it was enough. I had to let him go, and I am so glad that I did. Of course, he was mad, sad, and was constantly apologizing, but this time I couldn't accept his apology. It was time for me to put my heart back on my sleeve, and try again. And that is what I did...


So after all this rambling comes a beautiful message, Dont allow yourself to keep your feelings all bottled up inside of you, allow them to be shared, expressed, and allow that other person to see what you see, feel what you feel, and alwyas remember to "Wear Your Heart On Your Sleeve"



1 comments:

Sozo's Blog.com said...

Beautiful post. It actually brought me to tears, I see so much of myself in this post it's almost scary. I look forward to reading more from you, and in that, getting to know you better. Nice job.

Post a Comment